Belt conveyor oven for heat-shrinkable tubing, thermal processing and curing. This model has a reversing drive circuitry to prevent the loading of parts if temperature is out of range.
- Minimal skill requirements: There are centering guides for aligning the assembly as well as the tubing device being processed.
- Versatility: The processor is designed to process a broad range of heat-shrinkable products up to 1/2 inch in diameter and 4 inches length. The infrared energy source is ideally suited to efficient processing of either single-wall or dual wall adhesive lined tubing. Temperature set-point and drive speed can be controlled to accommodate a wide variety of products and substrates.
- Direct drive motor system to eliminate maintenance of chain drive.
- Side heat shields on the elements to confine the heat in the oven chamber.
- “0” voltage detect circuitry to prevent machine restart after a power outage.
- 20 minute solid state cool-down timer to eliminate thermal sensor failures.
- Process ready indicator light.
- Over-temperature indicator light.
- E-Stop circuitry for immediate shut-down in a critical condition.
- Quarter turn fasteners on top and side access panels.
- CE compliant electrical components.
- Large diameter drive pulleys to prevent belts from walking off the pulleys.
The Model 175 Belt Conveyor Oven is a minimal maintenance table top conveyor heater that provides a controlled processing system, suitable for heating a variety of products, including heat-shrinkable tubing, solder paste applications, and thermal curing of various products. The Model 175 incorporates a direct drive motor system for the pulleys and belts, eliminating the maintenance need of continually lubricating drive chains and sprockets. Opposing double sided tractor belts grip the individual product assemblies and carry them through a closed loop IR heating zone, through a cooling zone, then deposit the completed assemblies in a collection area for removal. The M175 is designed as an integrated unit consisting of a rear pivoting upper heater chamber, fixed lower heater chamber and base, with attached control enclosure. The M175’s upper pivoting heating chamber is provided with adjustable stop rollers to permit front end belt gapping for processing large diameter harness bundles.
The M175 is equipped with red and green indicator lights to advise the operator of the status of the unit. The red light when illuminated indicates temperature out of range and the green light indicates the temperature is within the band and the process is ready. The M175 upper heating chamber and upper belts float on a spring loaded mechanism, to accommodate various wires and bundle diameters up to ½ inch. The M175 oven chamber has two 1000 watt infrared heating elements, above and below the product pass line of the drive belts. The heating chamber is shielded on both sides of the elements to prevent fan cooling air flow from affecting the processing of products. The side shielding of the heating elements provides up to 30% increased production as compared to similar units. The temperature of the heating elements is precisely maintained by a closed loop temperature controller.
Assemblies are positioned on the entry alignment tray using centering markers, and pushed forward into the opposing tractor belts that transport the product through opposing 4” wide x 10” long infrared heating elements. Aft of the heating chamber the assembly is cooled in an open air flow cooling section and discharged from rear of the conveyor into a collection tray. The drive speed of the product transport belts the oven can be set between 0.2 and 5.0 feet per minute, ensuring every assembly being processed sees the same precise amount of heat. The M175 processor operates on 230 VAC, single phase, 50/60 Hz. The M175 is designed to meet the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Electrical Code (NEC). Sheet metal guards and fans protect the operator from exposure to the temperature in the heating chamber. The processor has an automatic cooldown circuit to prevent heat damage to the components.
Controlled heating zone The Model 175 processor uses stamped foil heating elements that are manufactured to a strict wattage specification. Consistent temperatures are obtained through a K-type thermocouple embedded into the upper heating element and a closed loop temperature controller. Two alarm lights provide the operator with visual indicators of when the processing temperature is “Out of Range” and when the element temperature is within range and the unit is in a “Process Ready” condition. Conveyor speed control The conveyor speed is precisely set by a 3-digit potentiometer. The SCR drive controller and DC drive motor ensures constant conveyor speed at any potentiometer setting from 100 to 999 (0.2 to 5.0 feet per minute), for precise heating of assemblies.
Minimal skill requirements There are centering guides for aligning the assembly as well as the tubing device being processed. The operator only has to center the assembly and the tubing or device; the tractor drive belts carry the assembly through the heating and cooling zone and deposit them into the large unloading bin. Versatility The processor is designed to process a broad range of heat-shrinkable products up to 1/2 inch in diameter and 4 inches length. The infrared energy source is ideally suited to efficient processing of either single-wall or dual wall adhesive lined tubing. Temperature set-point and drive speed can be controlled to accommodate a wide variety of products and substrates.
- Circuit breaker for current overload and mains power disconnect.
- Emergency Stop push-button for immediate shut down of the unit in a critical situation.
- Automatic cool-down circuit to prevent heat damage to integral components.
- Over temperature thermal switch to shut the unit down if an over temp condition is sensed.
- Indicator lights to advise operator of proper heater cycling and heater failure.